By Amy Poore
If you’re planning a backyard get-together this summer, why not try something totally new and different? This jerk spiced shrimp with pineapple salsa is a dish that’s sure to please any seafood lover! The salsa is a snap to make, too.
Hope you enjoy this one as much as I do.
Have a great week, and bon appétit!
Jerk Spiced Shrimp
· 1 tablespoon sugar
· 1 tablespoon paprika
· 1/2 teaspoon salt
· 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
· 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
· 1/4 teaspoon ground thyme
· 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
· 2 tablespoons olive oil
· 1 1/2 pounds peeled and deveined large shrimp
· 1 gallon freezer bag
· Cooking spray
· 2 cups fresh pineapple, diced
· 1/2 cup cucumber, peeled and diced
· 1/2 cup sliced red onion
· 2 Tablespoons chopped cilantro
· 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
Combine all salsa ingredients well, cover and chill for 30 minutes.
While salsa chills, add all shrimp ingredients in freezer bag, mix well.
Thread shrimp evenly onto skewers (metal or water soaked wooden ones). Place skewers on grill or skillet coated with cooking spray.
Grill/cook on medium/high heat for 6 minutes or until done, flipping once.
Serve immediately with pineapple salsa and jasmine rice (optional).
Amy Poore is a new mom, a wife and a foodie. To see more of Amy's delicious recipes, visit her blog, Poore Amy, at www.pooreamy.com
Photo: Amy Poore