Pulled pork is outstanding in tacos and burritos as well. Layer with sliced avocado, jalepeno lime slaw and drizzle with Cholula hot sauce for a dish that combines the best of southern pulled pork and Mexican flavors.
This is a great way to use pulled pork from a crockpot. Simply season with salt, pepper and lime juice before you put it in the crockpot. Let it cook on low while you are at work. Or buy some plain pulled pork from any of our local barbeque places and you can have pulled pork tacos in the time it takes to assemble them.
Happy Cinco de Mayo!
Pulled Pork Tacos
- Pulled pork without sauce (purchase or make your own)
- Corn Taco Shells (soft or hard)
- Sliced avocado
- Jalepeno Lime Slaw (use our recipe or add jalepeno and lime to a purchased mix)
- Mexican Hot Sauce (we prefer Cholula) or Salsa
Layer the pork, slaw, avocado and sauce on the tortilla shell. Eat!
Jalepeno Lime Slaw
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ tea salt
- ¼ tea pepper
- 1 tb sugar
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 fresh jalepenos slivered, seeds and pulp removed
- Juice of 2 limes and their zest
- 1 Bag Shredded Slaw Mix
Mix the mayo, salt, pepper, sugar, lime juice and milk until well combined. Mix dressing, jalepenos and slaw mix well. Chill until ready to serve.