Red Velvet Oreo Trifle:
1 box Red Velvet cake mix (Or your favorite from scratch recipe)
1 cup water
1/4 cup oil
1 3.5 oz Jello cheesecake filling mix
1 1/2 cups milk
1 6oz container of Cool Whip
2 packages of Oreos with seasonal red filling
1. Prepare red velvet cake mix according to the directions on the box. (I used two round 8
inch pans.) Let the cake cool completely.
2. In a medium-sized bowl, prepare the cheesecake filling according to the directions on
the box. Transfer the bowl to the refrigerator to thicken.
3. Chop Oreos into large pieces, but not crumbs. You won't need all of the second
package, probably around half.
4. When the cake layers are cool, cut into one inch squares.
5. The cheesecake filling should be thick enough at this point. Fold in the Cool Whip.
6. In a large clear bowl, create the bottom layer by arranging the pieces of cake from one
of the cake layers. Next, spread a half of the cheesecake filling on top of the cake.
Sprinkle with half of the chopped Oreos. Repeat with the other cake layer, cheesecake
filling, and Oreos.
7. Refrigerate for at least two hours, but overnight is best. Store trifle in the refrigerator
for up to three days.
Photo credit: Beth Branch