By Tori Linville
If you don’t have the vacation time saved up for a trip to some far-off destination, water parks are quick weekend mini-vacations that offer something for the whole family to enjoy. Whether it’s the lazy river or a stomach-turning slide, water parks are known for having a little something for everyone. We’ve listed a couple of Alabama’s top rated water parks for you to visit and decide for yourself.
Alabama Splash Adventure
Free unlimited soft drinks for the 2015 season is just one reason to visit Alabama Splash Adventure. This water park sits in between Tuscaloosa and Birmingham in Bessemer and offers a variety of services and freebies for visitors. The more than 15 attractions include a 5-story water ride drop and a 50 foot plunge into a splash pool. Season passes are on sale for $69.95 plus taxes.
· Free parking, sunscreen, inner tubes, WiFi and life jackets
· Snacks from Fin’s Surfside Grill, Mama Lizetti’s and Chubbies offer American and Italian foods
· General admission for adults from 18 to 54 is $29.95
· Seniors are $24.95
· Children are $19.95, two years and younger are free
Visit alabamasplash.com to find out hours and directions for your visit.
Spring Valley Beach
Spring Valley Beach just opened and the ratings are just right for your next water park experience. In between Huntsville and Birmingham, Spring Valley Beach boasts a collection of mind-blowing slides sure to make any drop worthwhile. The Kid Zone is perfect for family fun and the Spring Valley Beach pool is the largest in the southeast. General admission rounds out at around $25 and season tickets are on sale.
· Concessions offer burgers, hot dogs, etc.
· Visitors are allowed to bring their own food, non-alcoholic drinks, picnic baskets, grills, etc.
· Clothing must be family friendly
· Pavilions are available for rent starting at $25
· General admission parking is free, but parking by the pool area is $10
See springvalleybeach.com for more information on hours and ticket pricing.
Point Mallard Park
Point Mallard Park offers more than just a water park in Decatur. The year round park has a golf course, ice complex and more for visitors to enjoy. With many different attractions to enjoy within Point Mallard, it’s prime water park season in the summer. The relaxing lazy river, the speed slides and kid area are just a few of the things to visit at Point Mallard. Season passes start at $100.
· Rain checks and refunds are not issued at Point Mallard
· General admission for adults is only $20
· Free soft drink and water refills are available for the entire season upon purchase of a $25 season cup.
· The Hard Duck Café, Point Pizza and Icy Oasis offer food and beverages for visitors
· No outside food or drinks are permitted
To plan your next party or to see water park hours, visit pointmallardpark.com.
The combination amusement and water park that makes Waterville USA is hard not to be excited about. The park sits in Gulf Shores and is perfect for a day away from the beach. Water park attractions include a 60 foot drop slide named the Screamin’ Demon and other rides designed for a chillin’ or thrillin’ time. The amusement park features rollercoasters and mini golf to round out the experience at Waterville. Water park season passes start at $150.
· Free parking, tubes and life jackets
· No cash refunds are given for inclement weather and rain checks are not issued for season pass holders
· Nascar Go-Carts, House of Bounce and Trampoline Thing can all be found at the amusement park.
· No outside food or drink (even water) allowed
Check out watervilleusa.com for contact information and pricing.